Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Small Eco Camping La Pierre Verte, Uzès (France)

It's been a long time since I've been updating this blog. I have no idea why, because one of the most pleasurable things in my life is looking for and visiting unique accommodations. There's a lot of updating to do, but I'll start for now with a few pictures from one of the wonderful places we visited this Summer in France.

Early July we drove down to the South of France where it is always warm and sunny. Coming from Amsterdam we were in desperate need of dry weather and lots of sunshine. We were not disappointed. 

We booked a tent for ten days based on the look of the website of La Pierre Verte:
 'A wonderful place to wind down and enjoy nature' it promised, and that's exactly what we found and did.


The Bell tent with a comfortable double bed

We were warmly welcomed by owners Ella & Ed and dog Ruby. When they showed us to our tent I couldn't believe my eyes: so much space and privacy for the four of us! On the other side of the premises two big yurts share a big meadow with lots of privacy too.


The playground under the trees

Each tent/yurt has their own outdoor kitchen, cold water shower ( a very nice experience during hot days) and compost toilet (which was surprisingly odor free!). There is a solar panel heated warm shower by the swimming pool, and a communal fridge in the shed which also provides free Wifi.


Big olive tree by the swimming pool

Each Friday Ella cooks a vegetarian meal that is being served in the beautiful garden. It's a wonderful opportunity to get to know the hosts and the other guests as we are all sharing that meal together. Ella is a wonderful cook.


View of the outdoor kitchen from our tent

La Pierre Verte is a very laid back kind of place. There are not many rules other than the ones that make sense. Be careful with fire and don't waste any water.


A perfectly sized swimming pool

The camping is located close to the village of Arpaillargues, where I found a boulangerie that sells the most delicious almond croissants I have ever tasted, and near Uzès, a beautiful little town with a warm atmosphere, nice markets, a castle and lots of restaurants and shops.


Behind our tent is our own compost toilet

Nature around La Pierre Verte is beautiful and friendly. Rolling hills, fields of sunflowers, olive trees, rocky rivers and small waterfalls. It's a perfect environment for small children, but our teenagers were never bored either.

Surrounded by space and nature

I shouldn't be sharing this magical place with you at all for fear it won't be available next time I want to go there myself. But it's also too good a place not to share, so if you happen to go there, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


Well equipped outdoor kitchen
All photos are made by me. Please do not copy any without my permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment